We were there


A silence

It was a night that I've never expected
It was a night that slowly ended
Every moment then was a blessing for me
For I've met at last the person that I always see

He asked our names and I was asked the last
He came to me and I thought he wouldn't ask
I could sense his perplexing stares
But then we had to go, I took a last glimpse of him, hope he doesn't know

It rained heavily one night and I wasn't able to go home
I was accompanied by my friend, for I don't want to be alone
He appeared just then and the heavy rain just end
He went with us to the jeepney stop and that's when he went with me in abrupt

That was a night that opened a beginning of a Friendship
We were together most of the time
From morning till afternoon he was as if mine
But I never thought of what more we could've sought

“FRIENDS” that's all we could be
For I know he has someone else and it will never be me
I was just his friend who's always there for him
But as time went by . Things are no longer the way it seem

Almost everyone concluded that we are dating
But I just said “I have no idea what you're saying”
That night when he took me home, he wrote to me something
I'm not sure if it means anything, but to me its “a thing”

Days flew by so rapidly and inevitably
He showed me who he was and I showed him the other side of me
Our friendship was always misinterpreted by them
But we don't care, for we value every moments that we share

A lot of trials and conflicts emerged
Issues and scandals never submerged
Everything became opaque, despite of that I'm still worried for his sake
I know and feel they judged him, that I couldn't take

Judgments of others on him have deluged
His shadow to me, was divulged
I was beside him as always, but in some way I failed to stay
Truth is, I never did, it was him who pushed me away

Few weeks have past and we were okay
Until this much awaited day came, then it rained
After that day another issue came and it was so lame
I tried to confront and fix it, but it just compelled me to end our “friendship”

Days have passed and he revealed something I couldn't take
So I just ended silently to alleviate my feelings of hate
I never wanted to end it that way, its a pity to reminisce that day
I have so much to say, but the pain shut me away

I'd rather say good-bye in silence
For its unusual to get mad, as if we're more than “friends”
That “issue” just imposed to something that I know, but couldn't bear
For deep within me “we're FRIENDS”, but somehow we were almost there

I love you...

----
A Poem sent by someone. I just want to share it. Nice poem

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ang Edukasyon sa kasalukuyan (Ateneo de Davao University True Story)

Miseducation of a Filipino by Renato Constantino

Nakaw